Did you know that you can give yourself a mini facelift every day? Lightly pinching, tapping, and massage your face when you wash it will stimulate circulation, tighten facial contours, and give your cheeks a healthy glow.
Did you know that eating garlic can reduce anxiety & chocolate gives you a confidence buzz? Learn about "mood foods" from this 4beauty article:
Tell a friend or coworker how great they look. Sometimes that's all it takes to brighten someone's day.
Summer is here and that means it's hotter, a bit more humid here in L.A. and possibly a lot more humid in other parts of the country. The foundation I was using during the winter and spring isn't going to cut it during the Summer months. This season, my fave is the Dermaquest liquid Dermaminerals (my color is 3N.) I've been a big fan of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizers (both the hydrating, and the oil-free) for a long time, but this Summer I find myslef needing a bit more coverage, a bit more sun screen protection, and am wanting something more natural on my skin. Since I started carrying the Dermaquest product line this winter I decided it was time to try their foundation. Low and behold, I love it! I like the Dermaminerals because the coverage is FLAW-LESS. Seriously, it has the coverage of mineral powder without any of the dryness or mask-like glow that mineral powders sometimes give you. It covers blemishes (even scabby ones!) and hyper pigmentation beautifully, but looks like you have nothing on...REALLY!! It comes in a great pump-tube, so it's mess-free and purse friendly, AND, it's a mineral SPF30, which means the sun protection doesn't break down over the course of the day, as with chemical sunscreens, like avobenzone...the one in most makeups. The true test, for me, is if the foundation can withstand a day at work, in front the steamer. While powder minerals usually can, they also tend to get cakey by the end of the day & settle into my fine lines (yes, I admit I have some lines.) This stuff didn't budge. It stayed right where I put it, even after 4 hours of steaming. I give it an A+
1. Do numb the nerves. 15 to 20 minutes before waxing apply something to numb the skin like PFB Numb-It. Take an aspirin or ibuprofen about 30 - 45 minutes before your wax. This is especially helpful when getting waxed above the lip, chest, and bikini areas as these tend to be the most sensitive areas to wax.
2. Do seek the waxing skills of a professional. Waxing yourself is doable, but can be messy and painful. An experienced, licensed esthetician will use the wax best suited for the hair type, apply the right amount of wax, hold the skin taut, and pull at the correct angle to minimize pain. These skills are especially crucial if you are getting a Bikini, Brazilian, Playboy, or Bare bikini wax. A skilled waxing technician will also know how to shape the most attractive eyebrow shape to flatter your face.
3. Do reduce acidity. Smoking, caffeine and alcohol consumption create acid in the body. If your skin reddens easily you might benefit from taking an antacid such as Tums or Rolaids 20 minutes before your service to reduce acidity, which reduces skin sensitivity.
4. Do use a body scrub or exfoliating mitt. Skin on the face is generally well-enough exfoliated for waxing, the body needs a little extra help. A granular body scrub will help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicle, providing an easier exit. We recommend using sugar, salt, or one of our exfoliating shower gloves. These won't leave the skin greasy or oily and help prevent ingrown hair.
5. Don't apply astringent or toner right before waxing. These tighten the pores and can make it more difficult to remove the hair from the follicle.
6. Don't use ice for numbing. Ice might seem like a great way to numb skin and reduce waxing pain, but applying anything cold to the skin will tightens pores. Hair is most easily removed when the pores are relaxed and open.
7. Don't drink a lot of caffeine or alcohol. A glass of wine before waxing might sound like a great way to relax but the alcohol acts as a stimulant in your system and actually increase skin sensitivity and redness. The same is true for caffeine, so it's best not to drink caffeine or alcohol in the two hours before waxing. Try hydrating your skin by drinking plenty of water. Well hydrated is least likely to get irritated from waxing. Add Comment
Check out our "About Sunless Tanning" FAQ page for everything you've ever wanted to know about sunless tanning, and then some! The page includes tips on how to prepare and how best to extend your tan.
Because your reflection should make you smile