ABOUT LASH LIFTS
WHAT IS A LASH LIFT?
A lash lift is a chemical process that is used to change the structure and texture of the lashes. Depending on the size of the shield used, the lashes can be lifted more or less dramatically. A lash lift is essentially a modern version of a lash perm without the perming rods.
AM I GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A LASH LIFT & TINT?
Eyelash Lift & Tint MAY NOT be suitable for clients that:
- Pregnant. If you have an appointment and found out that you are pregnant, please contact me right away and we can reschedule
- Have very little natural eyelashes or have nothing. The gaps between your lashes will be more noticeable
- Have pre-existing eye(lid) conditions such as chronic dry eye, blepharitis, conjunctivitis and ocular rosacea
- Lasik surgery (wait a minimum of 6 months from your procedure)
- Have Trichotillomania (compulsive pulling or twisting hair, eyebrows and eyelashes)
- Have very sensitive eyes or possible allergies to adhesive (recommended to book an appointment for a patch test)
- Who are rough with their lashes
- Undergoing chemo treatments or have had chemo treatments within the past year (recommend to consult with your physician)
- Are sensitive or have allergies to dyes (recommended to book an appointment for a patch test)
- Had blepharoplasty surgery (must wait a minimum of 1 year after your surgery)
No. Properly trained and skilled professionals ensure proper lash lift procedures are followed.
HOW LONG WILL THE LASH LIFT APPOINTMENT TAKE?
About one hour depending on how long and coarse the eyelashes are and if your lashes will be color enhanced.
HOW LONG DO LASH LIFT LAST?
A lash lift can last anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. Results may vary from client to client depending their lash growth cycle. There are some situations that may cause the lift to drop/weaken prematurely such as frequent swimming/sauna/steam bath, use off harsh products or heat. If you find that your lift does not last the full 8 weeks, you can repeat the color enhancement alone, or the whole lifting treatment after a minimum of 4 weeks of having the initial treatment, but not before.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET A LASH LIFT OR COLOR ENHANCEMENT?
A lash lift will begin to naturally drop or grow out after about 6 to 8 weeks. The lashes should drop evenly though lashes that grow very quickly may grow out before the lift has dropped. This may leave some lashes looking out of place. You can repeat the treatment after a minimum of one month if you feel you need to, or you can wait until they are back to their natural state.
CAN I WEAR MASCARA ON LIFTED LASHES?
Yes but it is advised that you leave your lashes untouched for at least 24 hours after your treatment. You may find that there is no need for mascara anyway, but if you wish to make your lashes even fuller, a non-waterproof mascara is advised as the removal of waterproof mascaras can be harsh on the lashes and weaken the lift.
CAN I USE AN EYELASH CURLER?
No. There will be no need for an eyelash curler as this treatment gives a much better result than using a curler, But more importantly, using one may weaken and damage your lashes.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY EYES?
For 24hrs after you lash lifting treatment you should avoid wetting you lashes and exposing them to heat. We recommending cleaning your eyes with a cotton swap dampened with cold water.
PREPARING FOR YOUR LASH LIFT APPOINTMENT
- Do not consume any caffeinated beverages before your appointment. Caffeine can cause your eyes to flutter during an appointment.
- Please ARRIVE WITH CLEAN LASHES AND LIDS. Remove contacts, concealer, eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow etc.) before your appointment. Makeup removal will take time away from your treatment and will result in a $15 additional charge added to your bill.
- Avoid curling your natural lashes with a lash curler for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
LASH LIFT AFTERCARE
- USE A LASH SERUM. It's recommended to use a lash conditioner to help your lashes grow longer and strong. This will help give you amazing looking lashes.
- BE GENTLE with your lashes.
- DO NOT WET your lashes for 24 hours after the appointment
- DO NOT SLEEP with your face laid on the pillow. You must sleep on your back for 24 hours. Your lashes are prone to kinks within 24 hours after the procedure.
- DO NOT PULL your lashes. This can cause your natural lashes to fall out prematurely and cause both breakage and permanent damage to the hair follicle
- DO NOT PUT SALICYLIC ACID near your lashes. Face washes with salicylic acid can splash or rinse onto you lashes can cause them to prematurely loose their curl.