2. Do seek the waxing skills of a professional. Waxing yourself is doable, but can be messy and painful. An experienced, licensed esthetician will use the wax best suited for the hair type, apply the right amount of wax, hold the skin taut, and pull at the correct angle to minimize pain. These skills are especially crucial if you are getting a Bikini, Brazilian, Playboy, or Bare bikini wax. A skilled waxing technician will also know how to shape the most attractive eyebrow shape to flatter your face.
3. Do reduce acidity. Smoking, caffeine and alcohol consumption create acid in the body. If your skin reddens easily you might benefit from taking an antacid such as Tums or Rolaids 20 minutes before your service to reduce acidity, which reduces skin sensitivity.
4. Do use a body scrub or exfoliating mitt. Skin on the face is generally well-enough exfoliated for waxing, the body needs a little extra help. A granular body scrub will help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicle, providing an easier exit. We recommend using sugar, salt, or one of our exfoliating shower gloves. These won't leave the skin greasy or oily and help prevent ingrown hair.
5. Don't apply astringent or toner right before waxing. These tighten the pores and can make it more difficult to remove the hair from the follicle.
6. Don't use ice for numbing. Ice might seem like a great way to numb skin and reduce waxing pain, but applying anything cold to the skin will tightens pores. Hair is most easily removed when the pores are relaxed and open.
7. Don't drink a lot of caffeine or alcohol. A glass of wine before waxing might sound like a great way to relax but the alcohol acts as a stimulant in your system and actually increase skin sensitivity and redness. The same is true for caffeine, so it's best not to drink caffeine or alcohol in the two hours before waxing. Try hydrating your skin by drinking plenty of water. Well hydrated is least likely to get irritated from waxing. Add Comment